As a member of our team, you enjoy and take pride in programming, producing and delivering high precision parts in a timely manner. You like variety, challenge and learning new skills as well as sharing your knowledge and experience with others. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to our growth in a rewarding, diverse and respectful workplace.
The Machinist will be responsible for programming and producing high precision parts in a timely manner on our TL1 and DMC lathes.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in programming, setting-up and operating tool room lathes and turning centers
- Ability to interpret drawings and models
- Knowledge of GD&T and the ability to use precision measuring tools.
- Knowledge and experience on conventional machine shop equipment is an asset
- Experience in close tolerance machining is an asset
- Good time management skills
- The ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Manufacture parts as per the direction of the shop supervisor in conjunction with the production router, part print and CAD file.
- Production plan to include best use of material, time and tooling.
- Review production router and compare to part print for; part number, revision, material type, GD&T requirement and evaluate if enough time has been quoted. If any of the listed items are in question immediately bring forward concerns to team lead or supervisor.
- Perform in process inspection monitoring to ensure part is being made to match part print and allowable tolerances. Highlight checked dimensions in yellow as proof of process.
- Maintain equipment, tools and work cell in a neat and organised manner.
- In conjunction with the shop supervisor or team lead develop fixtures and processes to best make repeatable parts.
Expected Deliverables and Outcomes
- Each day you are to be on time and on task.
- Develop skills and knowledge to better our machining output.
- Quality is #1. If the part doesn’t meet the print do not move it forward. Check with the shop supervisor if a deviation request is possible.
- If you don’t know or are unsure do not hesitate to ask.
- Collaborate with the team to best provide quality product in an efficient manner.
Apply today by sending your resume to our HR team at email@example.com